On 22nd of July the London Hub gathered together to welcome and meet the new intake of Global Shapers! *Woop woop*
We convened at the Entrepreneur First (thanks EF!) offices on a hot, sticky Sunday, and kicked off the activities with a welcome from the London Hub co-curators, Lisa and Baillie, before hearing from Albina Krasnodemska, the WEF Community Lead for Europe and Eurasia. All sorts was covered, including how Global Shapers works, how it intersects with the WEF, and the expectations of Global Shapers (check out the Charter).
Part II of the day involve project brainstorming! Though at this stage, they are only ideas, as a group we worked together to identify and distil down the problems we felt were most relevant to London. Project ideas included tackling loneliness amongst old people, promoting the voices of BAME women and London post-Brexit.
It was an amazing day, hugely energising and the London Hub is immensely lucky to welcome such a kind and brilliant group of new Shapers.
So many instructions and things to remember for the day, here's a little reminder note on actions for all shapers!
1. Read up on our community & make sure you're on Toplink
2. Sign a copy of the Global Shapers Community Charter and return to Lisa and Baillie either on the 12th August, or scan and send. Please find a copy of the Charter here if you don’t have a copy.
3. STD- Welcome dinner on 15th August
4. Join our the new Whatsapp group and Facebook group (links in Lisa's email)
5. Express your interest in a leadership role by sending a self-nomination to Lisa & Baillie by 1st August noon.
6. Co-ordinate with project theme champions to prepare for project pitch night on August 12th – again, a separate email to follow with more details. Keep your eye out for it!
7. Pay Maxine the Shaper fee (or email if you have any issues)